There is something special about the ribbons and bows of Christmas. Here are some easy solutions for the holiday hustle to do now to beat the seasonal slump. August is the perfect time to take Five simple steps to ready you and your family for more experiences in the Mrs. Claus Kitchen at Indianapolis City Market.
- Make a simple supper, U-Relish Farm has options, then give yourself more time to gather the perfect ensemble of the trimmings of the season
- Choose a color theme: Limit the possibilities so you can mix and match birthday’s, hostess gifts with bags and bows. I limited my search to glitter green and hot pink.
- Select a hanging File Folder system so you can see the options quickly when wrapping Christmas.
For the purposes of frugality, I had a budget of $50. The hanging file folder system cost $3.00 at a second hand shop and I got two of them to complete this project. The remainder of the project was paper goods unassembled boxes, bags and tissue paper. To stay in budget I shopped 4 dollar stores and found oversized bags and pink basket cellophane wrapping. In total there are 8 types of wrapping styles with a coordinating color motif.
- Be fore warned that not all bags fit into the hanging file folder sleeve. Take a quick measurement before procuring your trimmings.
- Remember to purchase flat boxes not assembled.
Planning prevents panic while saving money and time. Make the most of the season by wrapping it up in August and schedule your Mrs. Claus Kitchen experience by calling 317.366.3039. Space is limited and my schedule will be filled before November.
Indianapolis City Market
222 E. Market St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204