What you do day in and day out creates behavior, pattern and after 10,000 hours of doing the same activity you become an expert.
The reticular activating system (RAS) is a network of neurons located in the brain stem that project anteriorly to the hypothalamus to mediate behavior, as well as both posteriorly to the thalamus and directly to the cortex for activation of awake, desynchronized cortical EEG patterns.
Top 10 things that I do daily in order of length of time committed
- Sleep: 8 to 10 hours a day
- Silence: when I am home it is quiet this means no music, no television
- Purpose driven occupation: Food Grower and producer of value added food
This practice takes the bulk of my time I apply a rigid routine to this effort and prioritize this above before I move to other activities. Loads of laundry, ironing, hemming, sweeping, clearing counters, addressing drawers, clearing cabinets. Clearing doorways of obstacles, crushing cardboard or recycling glass and plastic.
5. Martial Arts: This includes flexibility, proprioception, and taekwondo. I practicing flexibility training with Dr. Sang Kim. I am seeking excellence in the roundhouse kick by using a suspended heavy bag
6. Packing: This is the most puzzling of my activities, while I haven’t been on a vacation in years, I prepare for planned spontaneity in this area of my life by gathering travel necessities and pack suitcases for destinations of my imagination.
7. Thrift Shopping: With intention, like a color palette or a theme, currently wish upon a starfish, I focus on particular objects to limit my time in the mass of things that people toss. What comes is the equivalent of what must be purged from closet or cupboards.
8. Writing: Choosing the words of expression by journaling, blogging, goal setting and marking moments of gratitude.
9. Burst reading: I read in 15 minute increments, I prefer technique books that inspire an action step.
10: Dis”craft”tion: At the present time, I am spray painting my thrift store objects like frames, vases, tissue boxes gold. Attaining Midas touch…